Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Should I Dread My Hair If it Is Wavy?

    Dreadlocks can be worn by people with any natural hair type.
    Dreadlocks can be worn by people with any natural hair type.

Dreadlocks can be formed from any hair type

    Dreads can be formed from any hair type, including wavy, by using a variety of different methods. Depending on your natural hair type, one method may be more successful than others, but it will eventually take. Wavy hair might actually be easier to dread, as it may have naturally forming sections. With straight hair, you or your hair stylist will have to separate the hair into sections to be worked for the creation of dreads.

Dreads are a process

    While this hairstyle can be worn with any natural hair texture, dreadlocks take time to mature and fully form into neat locks. It is not something that happens instantaneously. Depending upon the process used to create the dreads, it could take anywhere from a few hours to get them started, up to three years to have them fully matured and developed. While wavy hair may section off naturally, these sections may not be even. Depending upon the look you are trying to get, wavy hair could be more difficult to work with, as breaking up the natural sections could be tedious, especially if you have thicker waves and desire thinner dreadlocks.

Bottom Line

    Before dreading your hair, ask yourself if you are patient enough to start the process and maintain them until the dreads are formed neatly the way you want them. If you have thick waves and want thin locks, or vice versa, attempting to resection your hair against the way it naturally falls could take some more time in the initial stages. However, taking the hair's natural sections could make getting started easier. Do your research first and find the best method of dreading for you based upon your hair-type.



  • Curly Hair Products - Mixed Chicks A Curly Revolution

    www.mixedchicks.net

    Curly Hair Products - Mixed Chicks A Curly Revolution, Learn how Mixed Chicks curly hair products will define your curls by locking in moisture, leaving your curly ...


  • How can I grow out my hair faster? - Dread Head HQ

    www.dreadheadhq.com/how-can-i-grow-out-my-hair-faster

    How can I grow out my hair faster? Are you growing out your hair for dreads?


  • I Greased My Hair and I Liked It! Curly Nikki Natural Hair ...

    www.curlynikki.com/2011/10/i-greased-my-hair-and-i-liked-it.html

    *takes deep breath, knocks back another shot, talks fast as hell* it wasn't my fault. What had happened was... they made me do it. Amel Larreiux uses it, Corinne and ...


  • How Should I Wear My Hair With a Strapless Dress? eHow

    www.ehow.com Hair Care Hair Styling

    How Should I Wear My Hair With a Strapless Dress?. Wearing a strapless dress allows you to showcase your neck and shoulders for an elegant look. Highlight these ...


  • Should I perm my hair before starting my dreadlocks? What if I ...

    www.dreadheadhq.com/should-i-perm-my-hair-before-starting-dreadlocks

    Having straight hair is really not a bad thing...you actually have to have really really almost beyond curly hair....more like kinky hair for it to make the initial ...


  • ANSWERED: How can I make my hair curly without a perm?

    www.funadvice.com/q/how_can_i_make_my_hair_curly_without

    After a shower,when your hair is still a little wet, use Garnier Fructis Oil Sheen, then put your head upside down and add Herbal Essense's Toustle Me Softly Mousse ...


  • How Long Does It Take For My Hair To Fully Lock? - Dread Mama

    www.dreadmama.net/2008/07/how-long-does-it-take-for-my-hair-to...

    I get this question a lot. How long your hair takes to fully lock up varies from person to person. It depends on how thick your hair is and the dreading method you use.


  • What Kind Of Relaxer And Hair Products Should I Use For My Bi ...

    www.experienceproject.com Q&A Home Health and Wellness

    I have thick curly course hair, I am bi-racial and I don't know what relaxer works best for my hair. When I use a relaxer it dose not work properly.


  • Should I get my thick, curly hair thinned? - CurlTalk

    www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/curly-teens/43305-should-i-get-my...Last updated: Mar 16, 2013 20 posts First post: Apr 15, 2008

    My hair is thick, and hard to do anything with! Wearing it the same way almost everyday makes my life boring. What would you recommend I do with it?


  • How I Straighten My Naturally Curly Hair - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cfUkvUfg0

    My ends are NOT heat damaged, I was transitioning, they are permed. My straight hair today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBGOy... http://www.youtube.com ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment