Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Should I Put Gel in My Hair Before I Use My Straightener?

    Straightening hair with a heating tool
    Straightening hair with a heating tool

Heat-Protectant Styling Products

    Styling products that offer heat protection from styling tools are ideal for maintaining healthy hair. Not only will heat-protectants keep your hair malleable and easier to straighten, but many also help hold your straight look once you are done styling.

Gels and Alcohol Content

    Many hair gels list water and alcohol as primary ingredients. As the gel dries in your hair, both of these ingredients evaporate, and the alcohol causes dryness. Combining a drying product with heat tools can damage hair.

Bottom Line

    Gels can be used sparingly when using a straightener, but consider the ingredients. Look for a gel that offers heat protection, and always wait until your hair is completely dry to begin straightening with a heat tool.



  • Should I Wash My Hair Before Using Hair Color? eHow

    www.ehow.com Hair Care Hair Color & Highlights

    Should I Wash My Hair Before Using Hair Color?. ... Temporary and semi-permanent hair dyes, such as Manic Panic, recommend washing your hair before applying color.


  • Wella Hair Straightener Rebonding Cream Tips, Mistakes ...

    oruio.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/wella-hair-straightener-cream-tips...

    Mar 19, 2011 Just my thoughts on anything and everything ... I am sure some of you have read on the net that it doesnt work, it destroy the hair, it made the hair ...


  • Kanelstrand Simple Living: Why I Stopped Blow-Drying My Hair

    blog.kanelstrand.com/2012/07/why-i-stopped-blow-drying-my-hair-and...

    She told me to never leave my hair wet after taking a shower or I could catch a cold. Why wouldn't I trust her? She was my mother. She knew better.


  • I just colored my hair a couple hours ago and I hate the color ...

    www.answerbag.com Questions

    I just colored my hair a couple hours ago and I hate the color that came out, how long should I wait to re-color my hair with loreal excellence creme hair color. If ...


  • I have a aloe vera plant but how should i use it on my face and ...

    in.answers.yahoo.com Diseases & Conditions Skin ConditionsLast updated: Feb 03, 2010 6 posts First post: Feb 02, 2010

    Feb 02, 2010 Best Answer: Aloe vera uses: Aloe vera is used for enhancing skin growth. Acid inside Aloe vera is used as effective pain killers. Antiseptic made from ...


  • What type of shampoo should I use after I straighten my hair -

    ask.com All Style & Fashion

    Never use Pantene or any other line that you can get at Target. After chemical straightening, you need a professional product line to get back the strength and shine ...


  • How Long Should I Wait to Wash My Hair After Getting it Colored ...

    www.ehow.com Hair Care Hair Color & Highlights

    How Long Should I Wait to Wash My Hair After Getting it Colored?.


  • ANSWERED: Should I shave my arm hair? Funadvice

    www.funadvice.com/q/should_i_shave_my_arm_hair

    She is talking about the hair ON her arms, not the hair UNDER her arms. I do not agree that you should bleach it--you'll just have long annoying blonde hairs. Shave it!


  • What should I apply first: moisturizer or sunscreen ...

    beautifulwithbrains.com/2010/08/31/what-should-i-apply-first...

    We all know how important it is to use sunscreen daily to avoid the damage sun exposure can do to our skin, but there's still a lot of confusion in what


  • Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream Ulta.com ...

    www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3120615Rating: 3.6/5 82 reviews

    Comments about Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream: I absolutely love it! My hair is not as curly as it used to be since it is very long, but this ...


  • Endocrinologist or Dermatologist Which Doctor Should I See For ...

    www.womenshairlossproject.com/hair-loss/endocrinologist-dermatologist-

    I must first clarify and make it known that I am NOT a doctor and cannot provide medical advice, the following post is merely my opinion based on my own experiences.


  • Morgellons Disease Awareness - Morgellons Disease: Tips for ...

    morgellonsdiseaseawareness.com/tips

    Tips for healing Morgellons lesions using far infrared technology, manuka honey and GSE. Caring for gums using coconut oil pulling, garlic, bentonite clay, GSE and ...

  • How do I stop my hair going static, when I straighten it? - Yahoo ...

    uk.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Beauty & Style HairLast updated: Dec 20, 2009 7 posts First post: Dec 20, 2009

    Dec 20, 2009 Best Answer: A better hair straightener could fix this. Look at pursebuzz's youtube videos for some straightener reviews. Another trick my science

  • The Best Way to Apply Hair Straightening CreamHair

    she.sulekha.com Hair Care Hair Straightening

    Hair Straightening - The Best Way to Apply Hair Straightening Cream - Hair straightening cream styles and straightens unmanageable hair. Hair straightening

  • Ogilvie Straightener, For All Hair Types drugstore.com

    www.drugstore.com beauty hair care perms & straightenersRating: 3.5/5 59 reviews

    New Fresh Scent! Straight Hair for Months Fast-Acting No-Drip Cream Formula. Contains the Following Salon Products: Straightener Lotion with Fresh Scent

  • How Can I Add Body to My Straight Hair? Lovelyish

    www.lovelyish.com/2009/06/20/how-can-i-add-body-to-my-straight-hair

    I have this bad relationship with my hair. It is straight and boring. I never learned how to do my hair. I own a flat-iron, but rarely use it.

  • How do I straighten my hair - WITHOUT STRAIGHTENERS?

    uk.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Beauty & Style HairLast updated: Apr 26, 2008 20 posts First post: Apr 24, 2008

    Apr 24, 2008 Best Answer: That's good that you avoid using flat iron hair straighteners. No matter how much the advertise about their latest technology of the ceramic ...

  • What are cowlicks? How do I stop my kinky, wavy hair being so ...

    primped.ninemsn.com.au/blogs/zoes-blog/what-are-cowlicks-how-do-i...

    I love my hair style, but whenever I put up my hair I end up with those horrible kinks/cow licks in my layers and it looks terrible. The only way I seem to be

  • Can I Dye My Eyebrows With Hair Color? - The Beauty Brains ...

    thebeautybrains.com/2008/09/07/can-i-dye-my-eyebrows-with-hair-color

    Carols colorful question: Why cant I use regular hair color on my eyebrows? Ive sprouted so many white eyebrow hairs that using brow products alone doesnt ...

  • Beauty & Health Secrets: Hair styling: My hair is breaking off ...

    www.flawlessskintips.org/2009/08/hair-styling-my-hair-is-breaking...

    Q. Can black hair get bleached by the sun? A. Yes! Use a leave-in treatment such as Let's Jam Leave-In Treatment that has PABA as a sunscreen ingredient.

  • Should I shave my legs before a spray tan?

    www.merchantcircle.com Health & Beauty Tanning Salons

    Yes. If you have hair growth on your legs, it may prevent the pigment from laying down in certain areas. The pigment pattern will most likely be uneven and blotchy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment